This Measured Impact Webinar is part of the National Capacity Building project series of webinars. It was presented on July 19, 2017 and features Hawthorne Smith and James Lavalle.
Recommended pre-session reading:
- Group treatment for survivors of torture and severe violence: A literature review. From the journal Torture, vol. 26. Number1,2016
- Yelom, I. & Molyn Leszcz, M. (2005) The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy. Cambridge, MA: Basic Books.
- Bellevue/NYU Program for Survivors of Torture Orientation Group; 4-Week Group Therapy Manual for Clinicians Version 3.0 http://healtorture.org/sites/healtorture.org/files/PSOT%2BOrientation%2BGroup%2B4%2Bweek%2Bmanual%2Bversion%2B3_0.pdf
- Sarah Y. Berkson, MD*, Svang Tor*, Richard Mollica, MD, MAR*, James Lavelle, LCSW*, Carol Cosenza, MSW*, (2014) Journal Torture, Vol 24, Number 1. An Innovative Model of Culturally Tailored Health Promotion Groups for Cambodian Survivors of Torture
- World Health Organization. Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity, and Health. 2003. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs385/en/
- McGlynn EA, et al. The Quality of Health Care Delivered to Adults in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine. 2003; 348(26):2635–2645
- WHO Physical activity Fact sheet http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs385/en/