This Information Guide examines the following topics:
- interpretation funding challenges
- examples of where and how programs can source interpreters
- the importance of training interpreters for mental health appointments
- practical implementation ideas for your own programming
With this Information Guide, you will be able to:
- Explore helpful ways to increase your program's interpretation pool by reviewing our chart of pros and cons of different interpreters and community outreach engagement activities
- Outline your own interpreter training curriculum with a few guidelines to lead you along the way, including essential core concepts, training infrastructure considerations, and common challenges
- Gauge how the size and ingenuity of your program can affect interpretation funding and structure.
See also: the NPCT webinar of the same name.