The Services for Survivors of Torture program (SOT) is a program of the Office of Refugee Resettlement in the Division of Refugee Health. It is committed to assisting persons who have experienced torture abroad and who are residing in the United States, to restore their dignity and health and rebuild their lives as they integrate into their communities.
All reports should be submitted directly to GrantSolutions.gov.
ORR SOT Grantee Reporting Guidance FY2020 see section Reporting Program and Outcome Data Points listed below. To learn how to use GrantSolutions, see the training videos available here. To add a new user, follow these instructions. For assistance with GrantSolutions, you can contact their helpdesk: email@example.com.
The ORR page on Managing Federal Grants may also be helpful to you.
FY2020 Reporting Program and Outcome Data Points
SOT grantees are required to submit annual demographic and outcome data using the SOT Program Data Points (PDP) Database located on the ORR Refugee Arrivals Data System (RADS). See Grantee User Access information for login and data entry instructions below. Please submit the PDP in RADS by October 30, 2020. Please include an unduplicated count of new and continuing clients served in the last fiscal year.
Documents for ORR Reporting
Reporting documents are always available on the ORR report forms website. For your convenience, the following forms are most important for SOT programs:
- ORR SOT Semi-Annual PPR and PDP Guidance FY2020
- ORR Program Data Points Database Grantee User Guide FY2020
- ACF ORR Services for Survivors of Torture Program Data Points Form 2020
- ACF Performance Progress Report ACF-OGM-PPR Cover Page
- The SOT-PWI-S - this tool can be used to aggregate the outcome data (data points 20-25) - Released October 2016
- Forms SF-425, ACF-OGM-SF-PPR Coversheet/Attachment B, and SF-424 can be found on the the ORR report forms website.
Here are the links to the September 30, 2020 ORR Training Webinar on Data Points and the accompanying PowerPoint and forms:
- 2020 ORR Survivors of Torture Program Data Points Database: Review and Updates
- SOT Program Data Points FORM
- SOT Program Data Points Form USER GUIDE
- SOT Program Data Points dropdown Lists: Country, Ethnicity, Language
- RADS SOT Database User Request FORM
- ORR SOT SA PPR and PDP Guidance FY2020
- PowerPoint from Training
Significant guidance is available in the evaluation section of this website.
ORR grantees receiving Survivors of Torture funds are expected to determine eligibility for SOT services according to the definition given in the United States Torture Victims Relief Act legislation. Proof of eligibility should be reflected in the client file in a consistent format. Two documents were created by ORR SOT program staff to aid programs in making this determination for each potential client.
The first one is policy guidance.
The second one is a sample eligibility form.
The 2016 webinar, Who is a Torture Survivor: Understanding the Legal Definitions of Torture, and accompanying documents, is very helpful with regard to questions of eligibility.
If you still have questions about whether a specific potential client fits the definition, you can contact ORR staff directly or use the NCB Heal_Torture_Talk listserv (without divulging any patient health information or other identifying information) for peer guidance. For more information on the listserv as well as how to sign up.